18-year-old Malaysian Muay Thai Prodigy To Bolster Its Female Ranks With ONE Championship!

In the fast-rising sport of mixed martial arts, ONE Championship reigns supreme in Asia. One of its great secrets is the focus placed on women’s martial arts. A recent acquisition from Johor Bahru may be the promotion’s next great star. Enter 18-year-old Hayatun NaJihin, a former amateur fighter with a 6-0 professional Muay Thai record and a 1-0 professional boxing record.

Hayatun is the latest female to join the Malaysian contingent in ONE Championship, after superstar Ann Osman of Kuala Lumpur.

“It’s an honour for me to join Asia’s biggest martial arts platform, and I plan to give honour to those that have come before me,” said Hayatun.

“I know this is a big opportunity in my career, and I can’t wait to show the Malaysian fans that they have a new warrior they can root for.”

At just 18-years of age, Hayatun is young and ready for a great showing as a professional. After an amazing 2016, her best year as a Muay Thai fighter, Hayatun transitions into mixed martial arts for the region’s top promotion.

“I am extremely glad for the opportunity that was given to me,” Hayatun added.

“After a successful amateur career, I am now looking forward to a long and fruitful professional career. It’s going to be difficult, but with hard work and dedication, I know I can achieve great things.”

Hayatun comes into ONE packed with credentials. She is a former wushu practitioner and a former MIMMA Season 4 women’s champion. She is also a IMMAF Asia Open bronze medalist, a Brazilian jiu-jitsu blue belt and a former SEA Open gold and silver medallist.

ONE Championship has a roster filled with great talent, not the least of which are the female warriors that showcase their skills inside the cage. Arguably the biggest star in the promotion is one Angela Lee of Singapore, the company’s atomweight titleholder and arguably one of the most well-known MMA fighters in the world.

With martial arts being home to Asia for the past 5,000 years, ONE Championship believes the potential for such growth in the sport is endless in the region.

With a primary focus in building Asian martial arts heroes, focusing on developing talent locally, ONE Championship has emerged with the largest roster of elite Asian martial artists and world champions.

These big names in the MMA industry include Asian stars such as Angela Lee, Eduard Folayang, and Shinya Aoki. The promotion also has a roster of elite international talent such as Ben Askren, Bibiano Fernandes, Brandon Vera, and Roger Gracie.

In ONE, Hayatun has a lot to work with, and a long way to go. At the very least however, she is on the premier proving ground. Whatever comes next, is completely up to her.


“I’m going to take things slow, cultivate my skills and work on my game the right way. In the end, it’s all about doing my country proud,” said Hayatun. “I’m willing to take on all challengers, but the biggest challenge I have ahead is myself and my own self-improvement. Nothing happens without my dedication to my craft, and I plan to get better until one day I am at the top.”


*For more about Mouse Mommy Treats, do follow us*

Website  |  Facebook  |  Instagram 


No comments